NMC Symposium on Creativity in Second Life

NMC Symposium on Creativity in Second Life

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 2

For all those new to Second Life this New Media Consortium event will be an exceptional introduction to the creative possibilities of SL. As well it will also be a chance to experience what may be for many of you a unique experience in terms of it occurring completely inside Second Life. I'd urge you all to find time to attend at least some of the sessions.

From the SLED (SL educators) listserv:

Colleagues,

I am writing today to announce an upcoming event that you may find of interest. As you know, immersive virtual environments offer possibilities for teaching and learning that the NMC community--and others--are exploring. This August, NMC will host a one-of-a-kind event: a week-long online symposium on the topic of creativity, held entirely inside the virtual world of Second Life.

The week-long symposium will feature self-paced, hands-on studio sessions in machinima, fashion, sculpture/modeling, and virtual photography, including access to expert instructors; breakout sessions on topics like basic and advanced building concepts, avatar design, scripting, machinima, and photography; discussions of educational aspects of virtual worlds; creative teaching techniques; and more. Participants will benefit from in-world instruction and interaction, resources on the flat web, and plenty of practice time. Featured keynote sessions will open and close the symposium, and the week will include social and arts events, tours, and a showcase where participants can demonstrate their new skills and show off their projects.

The event will take place August 12-18, 2007, at the new NMC Conference Center sim in Second Life that adjoins the original NMC Campus.

The call for proposals will open on Monday, July 2 and will be announced broadly. We invite you to save the dates and make plans to attend this unique event! More details about the conference will accompany the Call for Proposals.

Please help us spread the word by sharing this information with others who may be interested.

Larry Johnson
Chief Executive Officer

Regards

Aaron/Isa Goodman

In reply to Deleted user

Re: NMC Symposium on Creativity in Second Life

by Deleted user -

Hi Larry,

I am very interested in this unique event, would you please advise how I can access this meeting?

Best regards.

Xin

In reply to Deleted user

Re: NMC Symposium on Creativity in Second Life

by Deleted user -

Xin.... Larry was the person I was quoting but I posted so will answer. I am still waiting for details of the event and will post them here as soon as I've received them. Alternatively you could keep your own lookout on NMC Second Life website, the NMC Campus Observer.

Regards
Aaron/SL: Isa Goodman

Isa's SL Blog