A busy SL weekend

A busy SL weekend

by Clare Atkins -
Number of replies: 5
Well what a busy weekend this has been in SL! Isa and I spent quite a bit of time talking on Saturday evening and where joined by Jokay (an active SL educator from one one the Australian TAFEs) and briefly by one of our own staff Tali, who has started exploring in SL.

Sunday afternoon, being grey and a little dull, I decided to pop into SL for a quick visit which ended up being several hours long! It was great to be joined by several NMIT students and another staff member! There were introductions all round as Isa came and joined us and there were some snippets of serious conversation alongside the general orientation help and occasional silliness! I am not sure if I have forgiven Grabate yet for shouting DINNER as he pursued one of my squirrels across the garden!

Isa and I had been chatting about the value of offering to be inworld at a certain time each week (well, in truth I had been suggesting and Isa had almost been agreeing!). So I am proposing now that I will be in the NMIT Garden of Learning on Sundays at 2pm for anyone who wants to drop by! Happy to help newcomers find their feet or suggest places of interest to visit, or just to sit and chat for a while. If you come a little late and there is no one there, just IM me from inworld (if we are not 'friends' already you will need to use Search/People to find Arwenna Stardust. Once you have my details, you can click on Profile and then Instant Message - I will answer straightaway and will come and find you!!

If this isn't a good time - then post here to let me know when would be better - I might be persuaded to organise an alternative! Looking forward to seeing you there!!
Clare
In reply to Clare Atkins

Re: A busy SL weekend

by Deleted user -

After the exciting experience of the SL Best Practices Conference last Friday and Saturday, it was an absolute bonus on Sunday to sit down with a number of Kiwi educators at the NMIT Garden of Learning on EduIsland and have a post conference chin wag. Not only were there guests invited externally of Sl but at least one educator from the Open Polytechnic who we just happened to chance upon in one of the conference presentations and also invite along. Great to meet up initially Edvard and excellent to see you come along to the Sunday gathering.

Not only Kiwis turned up but a couple of friends from across the Tasman over flowing from an Aussie do at their site on EduIsland. I'm definitely looking forward to the next meet.

For those inworld wanting to visit the NMIT Garden of Learning here is the Slurl.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Eduisland/93/217/22/

Regards
Aaron/Isa Goodman

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

Now who could Edvard (Edward?) be? Hopefully he will also contact me at the Polytechnic!

Sorry I can't attend from home due to Xtra's limited capabilities.

In reply to Clare Atkins

by Deleted user -

Hi Clare

Just thought I would pop in and have a look at the site. It will be interesting to see the development of the NMIt Island of learning. My partner Rob is looking at maybe setting up a radio station on SL or being a SL band

Cheers

Anne

In reply to Deleted user

by Clare Atkins -
Hi Anne - Welcome! Hope you find some interesting stuff here and Rob is more than welcome too. He just needs to email the nmitonline team for a login. It would be really good to investigate the music side of SL, I know Sam Atkins is interested in that aspect and Doug Stenhouse (Programme Leader) from the Nelson School of Music has an avatar and wants to experiment with that side of things too. Should be some scope for collaboration here!!!
And it will also be very useful to have the Marlborough view of things too - I have a feeling that there could be some interesting extensions to the delivery of some of our shared courses

Cheers
Clare
In reply to Clare Atkins

by Deleted user -

Anne...

Would love to have some music folks in the group. At the inaugural Kiwi educators meeting last week it would have been great to have some good Kiwi music piped in at the end. Even a little dancing wouldn't have gone amiss (for the uninitiated a popular Sl pasttime). Developing and delivering streaming music is not my area of expertise so would love to collaborate as a learning process.

Regards
Aaron

Isa's SL Blog