IPad for A++: an App that isn't an App

IPad for A++: an App that isn't an App

by Bruno Lemke -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

most of you have probably already discovered this, but in case you haven't ....

IPad is fantastic for A++.

You probably know you have to record attendance this year.  I spent ages trying to find and easy to use attendance App and then when I did the A++ training it was all there in A++.

Once you have set up your course all students are automatically there.  You do need to set up class times (pity "Room booking" doesn't communicate with A++).  However if you classes are on a regular basis (eg wed pm each week), you can do this really quickly with "repeat". 

Then for each session, you can enter the attendance directly while looking at the students (rather than turning your back to them or looking down at the classroom PC screen).  Not only that but you can click the button in A++ and choose "all attended" and every one gets a tick.  Then you only have to touch the one or two who were absent.  Easy!

Bruno

In reply to Bruno Lemke

Re: IPad for A++: an App that isn't an App

by Craig Agnew -

Yes, it is indeed excellent, and I have an additional tip:

You can bookmark each attendance page if you have multiple courses and that way all you need do is click the bookmark, sign in, and presto - you're at the page ready to take attendance!

I'm happy to demonstrate this for anyone who finds the above instructions confusing...

In reply to Bruno Lemke

Re: IPad for A++: an App that isn't an App

by Bruno Lemke -

Thanks Craig.

Here is another way - based on what you said.

Go to A++ and drill right down till you get to one particular class right down to touching the Attendance tab and even for the right month/week.

At that point at the top left of the Ipad screen you can add a bookmark by touching the open book (as Craig suggested).  But if you touch the arrow (right pointing arrow) next to the open book, then touch "Add to Home Screen" it will automatically put that link on your Ipad desk top - and it also gives you the option to give it a sensible name.  When you have done that, next time you can go directly to the attendance for that class by touching the icon from the desktop.  The added advantage is that the login is already filled in for you so all you do is press the login button and you are there.

bruno