Introduction

John Green - Senior Lecturer - Open Polytechnic of New Zealand

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

RL name is John Green, SL name is Silel Volitant.

Silel was a space cat in a sci-fi series from my youth in case you were wondering - I thought it was a cool name! I first met Aaron on a course at MIT and met Clare as Arwenna in NMIT's garden. I was liked the direction she was taking in moving away from the ubiquitous palms towards New Zealand natives plus NZ bird song, something I've not seen elsewhere - unless everyone comes from Orlando that is!

Unlike Arwenna and Isa I've put my real picture on this site as although I have a much cooler looking avatar many years my junior I'd still like you to know me as John.

I'm hoping to discuss your ideas on ambiance (presence of place), and place structures in Second Life in terms of their appeal for discussion. Just how often should ducks go quack before they distract wink ?I've seen some terribly dull copies of RL dusty classrooms and conference centres in SL and also some exciting spaces full of imagination and sound like Arwenna's Secret Garden. I'm wondering what is best for what subjects and why and hoping to get some cool links to such sites to explore.