iPad apps for travelling

iPad apps for travelling

by Graham Bell -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

I'm off to the UK for a couple of weeks on Tuesday 22nd. Any apps to keep me amused on the 25 hour flight?!

Cheers

g

In reply to Graham Bell

Re: Welcome to the iPads4Learning Site

by Mark Caukill -
Angry Birds

Fruit Ninja (you can annoy Sandra with this one and challenge her to a head to head!)

Scrabble for iPad HD

Glow Hockey

And if you are feeling mischievous (and at the point they can't kick you off the plane) try some of these out...
http://www.appolicious.com/curated-apps/726-iphone-apps-to-annoy-the-people-around-you

M
In reply to Mark Caukill

by Belma Gaukrodger -

Wait till the day our students get a hold of these!!!!

In reply to Belma Gaukrodger

by Scott Shepard -

For the price tag accociated with these devices I wouldnt hold your breath.   But I could be wrong.

In reply to Graham Bell

by David Sturrock -

May be a lttle late for this before your trip but I use an add-in to firefox called read-it-later that you can use to "tag" web pages you're interested in but don't have time to read immediately. You can then synchronise your tagged items to your laptop/ipad to read offline. Nice option to be able to synchronise across multiple devices.

http://readitlaterlist.com/

There is an iPad-specific app called instapaper which gets mentioned a lot in the "top apps" lists.

There's a TEDTalks app to pick any of those amazingly inspirational presentations they publish every month like Ken Robinson & Salman Khan. I notice there's just been a list published of videos to open the school year.

And don't forget to browse the standard itunes podcast library for audio and video casts that might catch your eye.

Cheers
D

In reply to Graham Bell

by Beth Endres -

Other apps - possibly appealing to your problem solving skills:

Siege hero

Super seven - numeracy

Doodle board - sketch the person sleeping next to you

There are also plenty of interesting BBC podcasts - Stephan Fry on language, Infinate Monkey Cage, RadioLab (that one is American)...

Enjoy your trip!

Beth