Welcome to the iPads4Learning Site

Welcome to the iPads4Learning Site

by Mark Caukill -
Number of replies: 3

Hello Everyone!

David has kindly set up this Moodle site for us to start sharing and collaborating with our iPads. I hope you are looking forward to being a part of this unique community and to the many interesting ideas and outcomes!

In the near future I will start our monthly lunchtime meetings. These will be our chance to show off what we have been doing, swap war stories, and help each other out face to face. I think we might even be able to arrange nibbles too! More to come so watch this space...

Cheers!
Mark

PS: I will gift one of the following apps (or any other $0.99USD app you want - OK call me cheap) to the first person to set up a short wiki that will help others on how to use a free app (of your choice) :

For the tutors -> in your teaching
For the non-teachers -> in your daily work

Possible gift apps are:

Animoog
http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/animoog/id471638724?mt=8

Notability
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/notability/id360593530?mt=8

In reply to Mark Caukill

Re: Welcome to the iPads4Learning Site

by Raewyn Heta -

Hi Mark

Cannot add nmit email on iPad. It seems the exchange cannot be verified. (nmit.ac.nz) Wouldn't work on my home wifi either. Pete hasn't been able to connect up either using the network you set up for him. We'll keep trying.... Cheers Rae

In reply to Raewyn Heta

Re: Welcome to the iPads4Learning Site

by Stephen Tanner -

Hi Rae,

Lots of iPads successfully syncing NMIT email from our Exchange server - give Jo on the IT ServiceDesk a call and she can help on the basics of connection. So long as you're in range of / connected to nmifi wireless (or your home one) it'll sync calendars and email automatically in the background once Exchange  successfully linked up to the iPad. Note because your NMIT password expires every 3 months, you then have to re-link to Exchange, (as it uses your login to do that and doesn't tell you it's stopped working because the password has expired....).