NMIT Moodle is a website providing course resources and learning activities for NMIT students. Not all courses at NMIT have materials in NMIT Online – your tutor will direct you to the site as appropriate. The site utilizes the internationally recognized MOODLE Open Source software platform.
To get to NMIT Moodle, go to http://ecampus.nmit.ac.nz/.
An option when using forums is to receive postings via your email address. This provides a number of advantages such as important message posted by the instructor. You have the option of receiving forum postings to your email.
There are three actions you can take to control these e-mails:
- You can choose to unsubscribe from a forum
- You can go to your NMIT Moodle profile and change your e-mail settings there
- Create a rule in your email account to automatically shift course messages into a special folder to view later
1. Unsubscribing from a forum
You can change this before you post your message to the forum, so check the Subscription option before clicking 'Post to forum'.
- If you choose Send me email copies... you are subscribing to this forum.
- If you choose I don't want email copies... you are unsubscribing to this forum.
To view which forums you are subscribed to click 'Forum' on the breadcrumbs at the top of the page when viewing a forum.
- You can then click either the word Yes or the word No to change if you are Subscribed or Unsubscribed to that particular forum.
Note: If your instructor has forced everyone to be subscribed to a forum it will be for a valid reason, such as passing on important information.
- You can not Unsubscribe from a forum when the instructor has done this.
- The only way to stop receiving emails from these types of forums is to change your User Profile.
2. You can go to your NMIT Moodle profile and change your e-mail settings there
There are a number five options within your User Profile which relate to the email system.
Email display allows you to choose different options to set who can view your email address through your profile.
Email activated allows you to enable or disable your email address.
- If you enable your email address you will receive emails when subscribed to a forum.
- If you disable your email address you will not receive emails even if subscribed to a forum.
Email format provides the option of your email address being plain text or HTML - you can leave this as 'Pretty HTML format' which is the default.
Email digest type provides receiving options
- If No digest (single email per forum post) is set you will receive an email for every single posting to subscribed forums within 30 minutes of the posting.
- If Complete (daily email with full posts) is set you will receive ONE email with the forum posting details each day.
- If Subjects (daily email with subjects only) is set you will receive ONE email with the forum subject details each day.
- Forum auto-subscribe sets the following default option shown when posting a forum
3. Create a rule in your email client
Create a rule in your email client to automatically shift course messages into a special folder that you can then choose to look at when convenient. Here are instructions on how to do this in Microsoft Outlook - perhaps using the option to move messages to a folder based on having the term "Course Name" in the subject line.
- Right-click the message you want to base a rule on.
- Click Create Rule.
- In the Create Rule dialog box, select the conditions and actions you want to apply.
- To add more conditions, actions, or exceptions to the rule, click Advanced Options, and then follow the rest of the instructions in the Rules Wizard.
- To run the rule as soon as you have created it, select the Run this rule now on the messages already in "folder" check box on the last page of the Rules Wizard.