Help pages - Student guide to using NMIT Moodle
Trouble logging in?
Have you activated your NMIT computer account yet? You must either login on an NMIT campus computer OR activate your NMIT computer account before you try to login on NMIT Moodle.
- You include the hyphen in your username/NMIT ID (e.g. jo-bloggs).
- Check your “Caps Lock” key is not active on your keyboard and that you have entered your initials in the correct case.
- If you supplied a preferred name in your enrolment forms this has been used for your username (e.g. Elizabeth Smith prefers to be known as Liz Smith. Her username and NMIT ID is Liz-Smith
- Usernames are restricted to a maximum of 20 characters, and any punctuation in names has been removed. (e.g. Simon Foxton-Hummingbird will have a username of Simon-FoxtonHummingb).
- Occasionally other people at NMIT may share you firstname and lastname. In this situation numbers have been added to the usernames to ensure they are unique. You could try adding 2 or 3 on the end of your username (e.g. Jo-Bloggs2)
Nothing works? Please contact the ITS Helpdesk if you have any problems using this site:
- HelpDesk@nmit.ac.nz or phone 0800 POLYIT (0800 765 948) or visit the ITS Helpdesk in the Nelson LLC
- 0800 POLYIT Available 8am-8pm weekdays AND 2pm-6pm Sunday (Term period only)
- Library 'in person' IT ServiceDesk and email (email@example.com) is 8am-5pm weekdays only.
Logging in using a personal device
If you are experiencing difficulty logging in from off-campus, some of the following may help:
- Restart your device, and try again.
- Try adding "AD\" in front of your username. e.g. AD\jane-student
- Use your NMIT-supplied email address as your username e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Switch to another browser, for example IE or Chrome.
- Try deleting temporary internet files (Clear cache) and restart entire browser session or restart your machine.
NMIT Moodle login for special users
Special users are people who aren't students or staff members but have been provided login access to NMIT Moodle for community or project work.
If you have problems logging in, please contact email@example.com to request a reset of your NMIT Moodle password.