Flipped Classroom Model
1. Flipped Classroom Model Overview
According to the Christensen Institute, the Flipped Classroom model is “a course or subject in which students participate in online learning off-site in place of traditional homework and then attend the brick-and-mortar school for face-to-face, teacher-guided practice or projects. The primary delivery of content and instruction is online, which differentiates a Flipped Classroom from students who are merely doing homework practice online at night". It is a form of the Rotation model (for more on this see its corresponding module).
- What would be the benefits to the tutor and learners of using this model?
- What would be the constraints or difficulties?
- What professional development would I need to be able to implement this?
- What support/development would my learners need?