Enriched Virtual Model
1. Enriched Virtual Model Overview
According to the Christensen Institute the Enriched Virtual model is “a course or subject in which students have required face-to-face learning sessions with their teacher of record and then are free to complete their remaining coursework remote from the face-to-face teacher. Online learning is the backbone of student learning when the students are located remotely. The same person generally serves as both the online and face-to-face teacher. Many Enriched Virtual programs began as full-time online schools and then developed blended programs to provide students with brick-and-mortar school experiences. The Enriched Virtual model differs from the Flipped Classroom because in Enriched Virtual programs, students seldom meet face-to-face with their teachers every weekday. It differs from a fully online course because face-to-face learning sessions are more than optional office hours or social events; they are required.”
- What would be the benefits to the tutor and learners of using this model?
- What would be the constraints or difficulties?
- What professional development would I need to be able to implement this?
- What support/development would my learners need?