Introduction to OneDrive
Allow 30 minutes
OneDrive is Microsoft's free personal online storage service. You get 5 GB of online storage with a free account which also gives you access to online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
It is important to note that there is also 'OneDrive for Business' which is part of the Office 365 suite of applications. This gives you 1TB of storage along with other features, but it is a paid option - note that as a student, you may have access to this while you study as part of your enrolment.
Task 1: OneDrive and Office Online
Work through the resources on this website and then have a go at the challenge.
Link: OneDrive and Office Online
Explore OneDrive and Office Online.
- Log in to your OneDrive
- Create a folder called 'My Play'
- Create a Word document using Word Online and save into the 'My Play' folder
- Create a Word document using Word 2016 on your computer and upload it to your OneDrive
- Share the folder with a friend (or yourself at another email address)
- Create a folder for each of your courses
- Sync your OneDrive files to your computer (but only if it is your own device)
Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have problems logging into your OneDrive because of multiple Office 365 accounts check out the
Task 2: Test your Understanding
Have a go at the quiz on this website.
Link: OneDrive and Office Online Quiz