Introduction to Zotero
Allow 60 minutes
The tasks in this activity will get you started with Zotero.
Task 1: An Overview
Work through these resources to get an overview of Zotero, then have a go at the challenge.
Link: Tour of Zotero video
Link: Quick Bibliographic Demo video
Link: Zotero quick start guide
Frequently Asked Questions' tab for more information.
If you are having trouble playing these videos, check out this course's '
- Reflect on the question: What potential do you see Zotero having for your study?
- Refer to any of your course handbooks and/or assessment instructions. What referencing requirements are there?
Task 2: Let's install Zotero
Before installing Zotero work through the resources on this website, then have a go at the challenge.
Link: Installation instructions
- Create a Zotero account
- Decide on which option you will use
- Download and install the version required (see below for another option)
- Add a browser extension
- Add a plugin for Word
if you are not using your own device, your options may be limited. Try the following instead:
- Create an account
- Try installing a Bookmarklet instead of an extension
- Check out the options available on the 'My Library' tab